Job Category: Lifeguard, Head Lifeguard, Swim Instructor, Water Safety Instructor, Aquatics/Pool Director, Camp Counselor, Swim Coach, Assistant Swim Coach, Other
The External Relations Manager of Gift, Data and Records Services will be responsible for the strategy and the operations for two existing External Relations divisions: Gift Processing and Data Resource Services; and will create a third division: Donor Records/Imaging Services.
The Manager will:
* Ensure compliance with system-wide and campus policies, and applicable state and federal regulations as they apply.
* Determine, establish, and enforce reasonable and effective policies and standards for gift processing, data maintenance, and records/imaging management and will benchmark to best practices in the industry.
* Ensure such policies and other helpful information is developed and accessible via new Web sites and other electronic assistance to be developed.
* Serve as the liaison with Development, Alumni, and all campus constituencies in the use of the mission critical donor database Millennium and the gift, data and records needs from that system for purposes of friend and fund raising.
* In carrying out these duties, ensure an environment of teamwork such that the divisions operate with a cooperative spirit and in a seamless manner; ensure staff is motivated, productive, and cross-trained as necessary to carry out all roles; determine the necessary staffing and will hire and train accordingly.
- Proven specialized skill and knowledge in following areas:
a. CASE management Reporting Standards for Private Support in Higher Education.
b. Knowledge and experience with basic principles of fund raising.
c. Knowledge of university gift processing and administration environments, IRS regulations for gifts including endowment; typical university gift acceptance policy, practice, and documentation standards; use of university and university foundation accounting systems to handle gifts.
d. Knowledge of university advancement relational donor databases and their content and purposes (preferably the Millennium or Advance product); knowledge of SQL database structure; proven ability to guide staff in determining and implementing data maintenance standards; and ability to benchmark to best practices in the field. Technical skill is a plus.
- Significant demonstrated effective management experience in a complex, high-volume, fast-paced, quality-standard, process-oriented environment.
- Proven skill in managing both multi-faceted and multi-level business functions in an organization.
- Well-honed skill in providing excellence in customer service and an understanding of the competing priorities in delivery of those services. Proficient ability to handle customer needs, determine effective courses of action to adjudicate competing priorities, negotiate with customers to effect acceptable timely delivery of services, yet manage staffing and workload issues. - Bachelor's degree in Business, Finance, Computer Science, or related field; CPA, MBA or JD preferred; or equivalent combination of education and experience to perform the duties listed in the functions and tasks section.
- Proven exceptional analytical skill and knowledge; proven ability to interpret, research, analyze, compile, understand, and apply information gathered through appropriate sources to propose solutions and develop strategic short- and long-term plans to address growth/organizational change; proven ability to implement solutions and plans.
- Mature, well-developed interpersonal skill to interact closely with a wide variety of university constituents, both within External Relations, with the campus customers as a whole, university administrators, and Office of the President personnel, using a high degree of diplomacy and tact, and a quality service approach.
- Advanced oral and written communication skills; demonstrated ability to compose, edit, and review a variety of complex legal and donor documents and plans; ability to negotiate with vendors; prepare communications and correspondence with campus officials.