Ensures the safety of patrons of our aquatic facility by preventing and responding to emergencies. Welcome and accommodate guests and staff in an effective and courteous manner. Handle customer complaints in a timely and effective manner.
· Empowered to make decisions that directly affect the guest’s experience in a positive fashion.
· Maintains constant surveillance of patrons in the facility; acts immediately and appropriately to secure safety of patrons in the event of emergency.
· Responsible for enforcing property specific rules.
· Provides emergency care and treatment as required until the arrival of emergency medical services.
· Presents professional appearance and attitude at all times and maintains a high standard of customer service.
· Performs various maintenance duties as directed to maintain a clean and safe facility.
· Prepares and maintains appropriate activity reports.
· Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
· After training, must display a working knowledge of emergency procedures so that employee and guest safety will be insured.
· Participates in the Quality Assurance Programs that include daily inspections and reviews to address areas in need of improvement.
· Communicates closely with all departments to ensure a seamless guest experience.
· Active departmental participation in training programs as directed by the Pool Supervisor/General Manager.
· Manages the flow of guests in and out of the pool area, collecting payment as necessary.
· Responsible for making sure that bathroom/shower area is clean at all times.
· Follows ARAMARK policies and procedures and safety policies.
· May be required to work overtime, nights, and/or weekends.
· Employee is responsible for general knowledge of corporate environmental policies and procedures and how they relate to their job functions. Corporate policies and procedures are posted on bulletin boards or handouts.
· Employee is responsible for knowing the environmental aspects and associated impacts of their job position. Job specific Environmental Aspects and Impacts will be communicated by Manager during EMS training.
· Environmental objectives and targets will be communicated by managers for each dept. during EMS training.
Additional tasks and responsibilities may be assigned at the discretion of the manager.
High school diploma or equivalent required. Can read, understand and clearly speak English.
Lifeguard certification. CPR/First Aid certification. Must be current.
· Ability to react calmly and effectively in emergency situations.
· Skill in the application of lifeguarding surveillance and rescue techniques.
Ability to pass a pre-employment physical skill evaluation as stipulated by the department.
Ability to prepare routine administrative paperwork.
Knowledge of CPR and emergency medical procedures.
Ability to follow routine verbal and written instructions.
Knowledge of customer service standards and procedures.